Saturday, September 13, 2008

...I Ain't Even Gonna Try  


In 1982, this Cut Glass' classic disco cut (sorry, I couldn't resist) was reissued on Hot Tracks, a DJ subscription service based in San Francisco similar to the fruitful Disconet Program Service.  The solid but fairly standard sounding disco number was warped into a maniacal assault of cosmic synths by one of Hot Tracks' resident remixers, Zino.  I wonder if he is still lurking around San Francisco and also if he has a paradox of his own.

My copy is one of many records I have that used to belong to Michael Lewis, a contributor to Hot Tracks himself, who used to be a very busy man when San Francisco was a different place.

Cut Glass - Without Your Love (Hot Tracks Megamix)

ps...I chopped off the main part of the original and the track here starts at the "remix" section.

Posted by safetyscissors | 4 comments

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



4 comments: to “ ...I Ain't Even Gonna Try


  • September 15, 2008 at 6:27 PM  

    Yo, I love your guys' blog. I look at it all the time. I cant imagine your collective music collection. I am an aspiring DJ and I am gonna feel bad because I'm definitely gonna play alot of your songs if I ever get on. I live in Brooklyn but I would love to come to one of your guys' parties. Thanks for doing this for everyone.


  • September 18, 2008 at 1:48 PM  

    This track is new to me and MAJOR. Thank you thank you thank you. This will be getting play!


  • November 8, 2008 at 7:46 AM  

    Grrrreat !


  • November 8, 2008 at 9:53 PM  

    Love the original, but that Hot Tracks Megamix is simply epic!