Tuesday, March 24, 2009

TNT Unlimited  


As far as my limited research suggests NYC label TNT Unlimited (Brooktown Records) was responsible for only three 12" releases in its very short run. I own two of them. The third release by a group called Fire and Ice is the rarest of the lot but the least essential in my opinion. Alternately, "You Can't Have It" by Stargaze (featuring a mix by Tony Humphries) and "Get Your Body Up" by Serena are pretty heavy tunes from the peak 1982-83 boogie era. TNT folded in '83 shortly after the Serena 12" dropped, leaving several collectible and sought after releases in its wake.




Stargaze - You Can't Have It (Instrumental)
Serena - Get Your Body Up

Posted by Magnum | 8 comments

Labels: , , , ,

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



8 comments: to “ TNT Unlimited


  • March 25, 2009 at 2:38 AM  

    The Fire and Ice 12" is the fattest in my opinion, hypnotic and incredibly funky. Like a Chic record. I have it but too bad you won't share it here... Many would love it, I think. Great site btw. Koen


  • March 25, 2009 at 12:36 PM  

    Koen,

    Do me a favor and rip it to mp3 and send it over. I will gladly add it to the post and give you shout. Thanks!


  • March 26, 2009 at 2:04 PM  

    Hi, I will definitely send it over to you, vocal + instr, but I'm struggling with the connection to my Mac. I will get in touch later; will contact u thru myspace.


  • March 31, 2009 at 2:13 PM  

    Thanks For Sharing. Great Blog


  • April 1, 2009 at 11:09 AM  

    Oh wow, Stargaze is some kind of perfection. Could listen to that all day. Thanks for sharing.


  • April 6, 2009 at 4:26 AM  

    Lovin' both these tracks...cheers !!! PS the Stargaze track..... inspiration for Madonna ? thanks again ...Grand !!


  • May 16, 2009 at 2:11 PM  

    Here's a link with the 12" of Jump On It by Fire And Ice. Enjoy, Koen
    Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?0h2lxv2xxjx


  • May 28, 2010 at 9:12 AM  

    I LOVE ALL OF THESE THANKS SO MUCH. But "Get your body up" just gives me funky chills, I LIVE!