Thursday, July 16, 2009

Streetlife  


I think I have hit a record. This is my 14th hour at the computer and I believe my eyes are turning not only square but a demonic shade of red. To say I am short on wit and intellect at this point is putting it mildly. That said, this is a straight up jam. I love this song and I have to dedicate this one Black Shag as this happens to be the very first LP he "owned", having lifted it from his dad. I should have relinquished this posting right to him, but I am a brat and am posting it myself. I can safely say that if I could have someone sing the soundtrack to my summer, I would have to throw Randy Crawford in the mix (I am extremely partial to Etta James and I adore Patti LaBelle, but you know...variety, life, spice, etc).
I'm going to get a glass of champagne and listen to the sweet sax solo at the beginning with my eyes shut.
Enjoy.

The Crusaders - Streetlife

Posted by T. Preston | 8 comments

Labels: , ,

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



8 comments: to “ Streetlife


  • July 17, 2009 at 3:59 AM  

    Fantastic record

    but i think your recording is a bit pitched down, seems a tiny bit slow


  • July 17, 2009 at 6:32 AM  

    Smooth, smooth, smoooooth...love that track. I too think it's pitched down a bit though, but I might be confusing it with a remix...


  • July 17, 2009 at 6:56 AM  

    Your blog is one of the best out there... One of my favorite records... but the recording is pitched down like crazy..lol! Keep up the good work though...


  • July 17, 2009 at 9:31 AM  

    Crap. I will look into this. I have an issue with my Logic set up and I didn't have time to listen back after I posted.
    I will fix this tonight and repost the track in its right speed.
    Thanks and keep reading!


  • July 17, 2009 at 9:50 PM  

    Okay, it's been reposted and is in it's intended state and speed.
    Enjoy!


  • July 18, 2009 at 5:08 AM  

    amazing, one of my first records too!

    picked it up when i was 14 in edinburgh after a recommendation from my mum. on the front cover, a previous owner has written in blue biro to their lover after buying it for them as a present. probably meaning that my copy isn't worth a great deal, but it makes it all the more special for me! definitely a fave, great post.

    bigups!


  • July 20, 2009 at 9:14 AM  

    I'm new here - I'm in Love - what a great opportunity to get turned on to Unknown - Records, One of my favorites of all time thank you for sharing the Joy of music!


  • July 20, 2009 at 5:05 PM  

    I:Cube "Disco Cubizm" -- right?