Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Don't Take No For An Answer  


This was Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam with Full Force's first record and was released in 1984. It was released on a European label as a single and was featured on the compilation album Breakdancing. In 1985, their first full length came out and it was a big success. LL&CG along with production by Full Force was a winning combination and led to the team dominating pop radio throughout the 80's.

Lisa Lisa And Cult Jam - I Wonder If I Take You Home
Lisa Lisa And Cult Jam - Ringtone

Posted by Joel Brüt | 1 comments

Labels: , , , ,

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



1 comments: to “ Don't Take No For An Answer


  • October 3, 2009 at 1:47 PM  

    This song was MASSIVE back in 1985! You couldn't turn on the radio without hearing it at least twice in an hour!

    Not one of my favorites, I've heard it enough times that I could go another eon or so before I weep sentimental at hearing it!

    It's occasionally played at the Restaurant at the End of the Universe, but I usually go off in another room with Bernard Edwards and Jimi Hendrix and shoot some pool. Benjamin Franklin is a pretty good pool player, despite what you may think.