Monday, December 21, 2009

Reputation  


This track led to Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis getting kicked out of The Time. The two band mates produced this record while on a brief hiatus when they were in Prince's group The Time. After this recording session, they got stuck in a blizzard and were stranded in Atlanta; unable to meet the band for their next tour date. Prince fired them. The subsequent success of this record launched their long production career.

Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis had an amazing ability take an act that had disappeared into mediocrity and mold into a powerful force. The duo rescued the S.O.S. band from workout disco obscurity when they penned this jam that was released on Tabu in 1983. This track is the epitome of their lazer soul sound that went on change the face of R&B into the late 80's.

The S.O.S. Band - Just Be Good To Me (Long Version)

Posted by Joel Brüt | 5 comments

Labels: , , ,

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



5 comments: to “ Reputation


  • December 22, 2009 at 1:19 PM  

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.


  • December 22, 2009 at 1:57 PM  

    Wow,I love the pic of the Bang & Olufsen stuff. My dad used 2 have an old B&O music centre-firstly a black one,then silver & wood one.What I mainly remember was listening 2 'War Of The Worlds','Jean Michel Jarre'&'Electro 6',in early teens,in 'Quadrophonic' sound! Anyway I digress...tho 'Just Be Good 2 Me'is good,only having that on 12'',i've got fed up hearing it. I think 'Just The Way I Like It',& one i've been listening 2 lately-'Borrowed Love' are better.Going back 2 B&O again,they were the best recordings I done on tape,ever. Eclectro,South England. Merry Xmas everyone at Beat Electric!
    d;O)>


  • December 22, 2009 at 5:08 PM  

    Watch out the live version on " Soul train " .... nice Moog keytar action on there . . . a bit more of bass there . . . what a reputation !

    -Xavier


  • December 24, 2009 at 1:16 AM  

    P.S. After this post I done a search on
    my usual file site(4shared.com)& also realised a song I heard of theirs & never searched 4 from my oldest(& only recently found out name of!)still surviving tape-'Best Of Year(84)-Peter Slaghuis'(R.I.P.). It was 'Noones Gonna Love You'. So now i'm gonna go on Amazon & get their greatest hits-thanks Beat Electric,& again merry xmas. P.S. I didn't know about them being in Prince's band or them being sacked(thank god!),thinking of it I think I recognised them in a video or 2!
    Eclectro,South England. d:O)>


  • January 6, 2010 at 9:54 AM  

    super awesomee

    <3