Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Frankie's Trax  


This release compiled and edited by Ron Hardy in 1989 showcased some of Frankie Knuckle's finest work on the groundbreaking Chicago label, Trax Records. From his time as the house DJ at Chicago's legendary Warehouse club circa '77-'82, Knuckles was at the forefront of the original and only legit American House music movement. Nowadays Knuckles has a fetish for chillin' out in his ample collection of Louis Vuitton gear. I scored his cell phone number from my friend who works in the LV call center but I haven't had the nerve yet to cold call him and fire up a conversation. Anyways, my apologies for the somewhat dicey quality of these recordings. I picked this sealed copy up at a flea market but most Trax records were cheap shit and I think they forgot to master the recordings for the wax pressings. I believe that was actually a big part of the label's charm.



Posted by Magnum | 4 comments

Labels: , , ,

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



4 comments: to “ Frankie's Trax


  • January 20, 2010 at 2:09 AM  

    nice!
    i was searching for an mp3 of "baby wants to ride" just yesterday.
    thanx for sharing!


  • January 20, 2010 at 2:37 AM  

    This came out in the UK too, on a label called Radical. I made the right consumer choice and bought it on cassette for about 1.99 at a Woolworth's in Northern Ireland in 1989, ha ha! Thanks for posting this, it brings me way f@#$in' back!!!


  • February 6, 2010 at 8:02 AM  

    absolutely good to here again. 'i'm such a bad boy, beep beep' hahaha


  • July 6, 2011 at 1:54 PM  

    Call him, tonight!