Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Shake Your Body 2010  


It's been a slow summer for Beat Electric in terms of posting but I assure you we have been making moves on some other levels. Between our East Coast DJ Jaunt, Black Shag's drug overdose, my relocation to LA and staging the Beat Electric Dance Show, it has been a crazy couple of months. This week is our 3rd anniversary and while I am not trying to mark the occasion with too much fanfare (we are just a music blog after all), I have been saving this track for all of the die hard boogie nerds that have been so supportive of Beat Electric these last few years.

This holy grail by Manujothi was South Carolina based producer Johnny Haywood's only release. Recorded and released as a very limited 7" on his own Manujothi imprint in 1980, Shake Your Body is an absolute definitive disco-rap banger. I probably waited 5 years and spent way too much coin to acquire a copy of this epic track but it is all worth it, life is short and sharing the music is quite good fun.

If you are in the LA area this weekend, I am spinning with the one and only Casual Touch in the back room at Trousdale in West Hollywood. Should be a blast, I have hired my own paparazzi to follow me around for the evening.

Manujothi - Shake Your Body
Manujothi - Shake Your Body (Instrumental)

Posted by Magnum | 3 comments

Labels: ,

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



3 comments: to “ Shake Your Body 2010