Monday, October 14, 2013

I Wanna Freak  



 I bought this record off a Frenchmen selling leather jackets at a flea market on the East coast years ago, he had a small box of 45's he had brought with him from overseas along with his stock of vintage coats and the label would seem to indicate this was a French release, although the track itself was certainly recorded in New York. He told me that "this is a good boogie.", and so I gave him a couple of bucks and took it off his hands.

 The only member of The Chance that I recognize is guitar session man Wah Wah Watson, who played on some hits by the Temptations and Marvin Gaye, which makes sense, as the guitar is the standout element of the vocal side of this track, but I'm putting up the instrumental which has all the dubbed out keyboard stabs and synth bass breakdowns.

Posted by Black Shag | 4 comments

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



4 comments: to “ I Wanna Freak