Thursday, August 21, 2014

I'm Not Going To Let You Go  


  We've covered Bay-Area-transplant-by-way-of-Ghana Rim Kwaku Obeng before on Beat Electric. His self-released recorded output produced two highly sweated LPs, Rim Arrives and Too Tough. As far as I know there is just one other Rim record other than the mediocre International Funk 12" also mentioned in Black Shag's post, fortunately it's from 1983 and very high quality.
  I first found this 12" in a Santa Cruz thrift store several years ago. I kept putting it in my record bag and never working it into sets due to the higher tempo and slightly odd arrangement of the track. Frustrated, I eventually traded it to another collector. As these things go I heard the track again much later in a mix and began to regret letting it go. As luck would have it I wound up finding another copy last week on the way to a gig and alerted Black Shag who demanded to hear it. When Black Shag asks you for an mp3 you'd better deliver.

  Rim And The Believers - I'm Not Going To Let You Go

Posted by Dogtones | 0 comments

Labels: ,

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories